Over the years weâve discovered that the key to successful renting is communication. If a tenant (or a landlord) is unhappy, itâs usually because theyâre not fully aware of the otherâs responsibilities. So, hereâs a quick rundown.
As a tenant, your responsibilities are:
- Keep the property that youâre renting clean and tidy.
- Donât cause any damage to the property.
- Be a quiet and considerate neighbor.
- Inform us if there are any maintenance issues that need to be taken care of.
- Ask us before making changes to the property in any way.
- Ensure RCDs (Residual-current devices) and smoke alarms are in good working order.
- Donât undertake any illegal activities on the property.
The landlord is responsible for:
- Fixing any problems and keeping the property in good condition.
- Making any repairs on the property in a timely manner.
- Making sure the property has RCDs (Residual-current devices) and smoke alarms installed.
- Providing you with a safe and secure environment with locking windows and doors.
- Ensuring that you arenât disturbed unnecessarily.
As your property managers, Rentwest is responsible for ensuring that any issues youâre having are dealt with quickly and efficiently. If anything is bothering you, or if you have any questions, be sure to get in touch with your Property Manager.