Fancy living in Rockingham? Here are a few quick facts about this seaside suburb.
- Rockingham’s name comes from the sailing ship Rockingham which was one of three vessels in Thomas Peel’s fleet that brought settlers to Western Australia. The arrived in 1830.
- Unfortunately the Rockingham was blown ashore and destroyed. Settlers camped near the wreck and called it Rockingham Town.
- The first lots were offered for sale in 1847.
- The Noongar people called the region home for several thousands of years.
- It’s now one of Perth’s fastest growing southern suburbs.
- The current population of Rockingham is 120,275 and the area is set to increase to over 200,000 people in the next 10 years.