Our featured suburb for the month of July is Ellenbrook. Are you thinking about renting in the area? Here are some quick facts about this growing suburb.
- Ellenbrook is 21km north east of the Perth CBD
- It was named after Ellen Brook – a tributary of the Swan River which was named after Ellen Stirling, the wife of Captain James Stirling.
- Ellenbrook was designed with the intention of it becoming a satellite city.
- The current (2013) population of Ellenbrook is around 30,000.
- Public transport in the area is is reasonable with extensive bus services. It takes about an hour to get into the CBD via public transport.
- Ellenbrook and the surrounding suburbs have numerous schools (both public and private) including: Arbor Grove Primary School, Ellen Stirling Primary School, Ellenbrook Christian College, Malvern Springs Primary School, Ellenbrook Secondary College, Holy Cross College, Swan Valley Anglican Community School.
Do you live in Ellenbrook? Head to our Facebook page to share some of your favourite bits about the suburb.