Our featured suburb for the month of September is Booragoon. Are you thinking about making the move to this well-established south-of-the-river suburb? If so, here’s what you need to know:
– Booragoon is about nine kilometres from Perth and just over ten from Fremantle.
– The Booragoon Bus Station is located next to Garden City and is well served by a number of bus routes.
– As of the 2011 census, Booragoon has a population of 5337.
– 48.7% of homes in Booragoon are fully owned, and 30.6% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage. 17.6% of homes are rented.
– The median age of the Booragoon population is 43 years, which is 6 years above the Australian average.
– The main occupations of people from Booragoon are Professionals 31.8%, Managers 15.1%, Clerical and Administrative Workers 14%, Technicians and Trades Workers 11.5%, Community and Personal Service Workers 9.2%, Sales Workers 8.7%, Labourers 5.5%, Machinery Operators and Drivers 3.2%.
– Booragoon’s median rent (as of the end of September) for a four bedroom house is $660 per week.