Our featured suburb for the month of August is Baldivis. Are you thinking about buying a rental property in the area? Here are some quick facts about this popular southern suburb.
- Baldivis is 46km south of the Perth CBD and 11km south-east of Rockingham.
- It is a semi-rural residential area with a number of housing estates including Tuart Ridge, Settlers Hills, The Rivergums and Baldivis Central.
- Residential development began in the area in the 1990s.
- As of the 2011 census, Baldivis has a population of 15,884.
- The median age of residents is 29.
- As of the 2011 census, 15.7% of homes are fully owned, and 62.8% are in the process of being purchased by home loan mortgage; 20% of homes are rented.
- 64.1% of people living in Baldivis were born in Australia. The other countries of birth were England 14.9%, New Zealand 4.6%, South Africa 2.5%, Scotland 2.2%, Netherlands 0.6%.
- Schools in the area include Baldivis Primary School, Tranby College, Settlers Primary School, John Calvin Primary School, Makybe Rise Primary School and Baldivis Secondary College.