Thinking of making the move to Como? It’s a great, established suburb that is close to the city and the river. Here are some more quick facts about this suburb.
- Como lies 6km from the CBD across the Swan River.
- In 1891, the area was originally made up of three land grants purchased by Christchurch farmer Edmund Hugh Comer. Subsequently, the land was subdivided under the name Como Estate in 1905. The name was thought to have originated from either the owner’s surname or for Como in northern Italy.
- As of the last quarter of 2012 the median rent in Como was $464 per week.
- The most popular age group in the area is 20 – 39 year olds who make up 33.1% of the population.
- There are four schools in the area – Collier and Como Primary Schools, Como Secondary College and Penrhos College, a private all-girls school which has a primary school and a high school.