Rentwest is teaming up with the Department of Housing on a new project called the Rental Pathways Scheme (RPS). The focus of the initiative is to get long-term public housing tenants out of the system and into the private market by working with property management specialists like Rentwest and our owners.
The Department of Housing will individually select tenants that they deem suitable for the scheme. These tenants will:
- Have the means to rent privately.
- No longer need assistance from the Department of Housing.
- Have a good tenancy history.
- Have income that exceeds the public housing limits.
We’ve been told that the scheme isn’t for everyone and only the cream of the crop will be eligible.
Incentives offered for home owners.
The Department of Housing is offering considerable incentives to get home owners on board, including:
- Guaranteed rent for the term of the lease.
- Upfront payment of up to 20% of the annual rental income.
- Up to $5,000 compensation for any malicious damage caused by the tenant.
- A 12-month lease with an additional 12-month option for participating home owners.
- Dedicated staff from the Department of Housing solely focused on the RPS.
For home owners, the main benefit of the RPS is having long-term, stable tenants in your investment property. If you’d like to know more about the scheme, or if you are interested in participating, please contact the office on 9314 9888.