This beautiful riverside suburb is highly sought after, with great schools in the area and easy access to both Perth and Fremantle. Are you thinking about a move to Mount Pleasant? Here are 10 quick facts about this south-of-the-river suburb.
- Mount Pleasant is located in the City of Melville.
- Mount Pleasant was originally called Canning Bridge.
- Development of the land dates back to 1892 but it wasn’t until the 1950s to 1970s that residential development really took off.
- The suburb is 9 km from Perth and 10 km from Fremantle. Public transport is readily available.
- The population of Mount Pleasant is over 6300*.
- The median rent in Mount Pleasant is $600 pw**.
- Vacancy rates in Mount Pleasant are falling. At the end of 2014 the vacancy rate was 2.5%.***
- The median age of Mount Pleasant residents is 42.
- The median income being $1908 per week.
- Top primary schools in the area include Applecross Primary School, Ardross Primary School, Mount Pleasant Primary School and Applecross Senior High School.
* As of the 2011 Census
** As of rent data supplied by realestate.com.au, updated 31 December 2014
*** Data provided by SQM Research Pty Ltd