Suburb Spotlight – Bicton
2 x 1 villa in Bicton. $420 p.w. Find out more.
Is Bicton calling your name? Here are some quick facts about this suburb.
- The suburb is 10km south-west of the CBD.
- Bicton is bordered by the Swan River to the north, Stock Road to the east, Canning Higway to the south and Petra Street to the west.
- The northern third of the suburb is taken up by a Class A reserve at Point Walter.
- Prior to European settlement the Beeliar subgroup of the indigenous Noongar people called the area around Point Walter ‘Dyoondalup’ in the local language, meaning “place of white sand”.
- The suburb contins one state-run primary school – Bicton Primary.
- As of the 2006 census the suburb had 6018 residents.
- Median rent for a house in Applecross is $615. For a unit it is $410.