Suburb spotlight – Atwell
Our featured suburb for the month of March is Atwell. Are you thinking about renting in the area? Here are some quick facts:
- Atwell is 21 kilometres south of the Perth CBD.
- The suburb is bounded by Armadale Road to the north, Tapper Road to the east, Gibbs Road to the south and the Kwinana Freeway to the west.
- The Whadjuk Noongar people are the traditional landowners of the area.
- The development of the suburb started in the early 1990s. It is now home to 8646 people (Census 2011), 69 per cent of whom were born in Australia.
- The suburb has two primary schools, Atwell Primary and Harmony Primary. The local secondary school is Atwell College.
- There are two supermarkets in the area: IGA at Stargate Shopping Centre and Woolworths at Harvest Lakes. There are several other food, chemist and service stores in both locations.
- The suburb is serviced by the 527 bus that travels to Gateways Shopping Centre and Cockburn Central train station. Commuters can access trains to both Mandurah and Perth from this terminal.
- The area has several parks and reserves, two of the larger ones being Atwell Reserve and Harvest Lakes Park.
Do you live in Atwell? Head to our Facebook page to share some of your favourite bits about your suburb.