Regular property inspections – why we do them.
Regular property inspections are important for a number of reasons.
- We can check on the general condition of your property.
- We ascertain whether maintenance and repairs need to be done.
- We check to see if any seasonal repairs or capital works issues need to be addressed.
- We touch base with tenants.
- We use the opportunity to review the rent being charged on the property.
What we do during an inspection.
A routine property maintenance inspection is carried out every three months and takes about 15 minutes to complete. During the inspection, our Property Managers;
- Check that the gardens, lawns and exterior are neat and tidy and in good order.
- Check the general cleanliness of the interior; including the oven and griller, bathrooms, toilets, carpets/floors coverings, light fittings, bench tops and surfaces, exhaust fans, mirrors, curtains, windows and flyscreens etc.
- Ensure any pets kept on the property are not causing damage.
- Note the condition of any recently repaired areas of the property.
- Check for seasonal maintenance issues that need to be taken care of.
Well also have a quick chat to the tenants (if theyre in attendance) and make sure there are no outstanding maintenance issues or changes to their situation that we need to be aware of.
If there are any major issues or breaches of the lease, we give the tenants 14 days to rectify the problem before going back for a second inspection.
Once the inspection is done, your Property Manager will complete a written report. Well include any relevant photographs and suggestions for preventative maintenance that may need to be carried out in the next few months. We send a copy of this report to the property owner and keep a copy on file for our records.
A well-maintained property will appreciate rather than depreciate in value, so its important that we keep an eye on the general upkeep and condition of all the properties we manage. If you have any questions about our regular routine property inspections, please get in touch.