North Coogee – Our suburb of the month
North Coogee is suburb south of the river that is growing in popularity. It is a short drive from Fremantle and apartments there are just a quick stroll to the beach. Want to know more? Here are some quick facts:
- North Coogee is 4 km from Fremantle and was created on 19 December 2005 when it incorporated portions of Hamilton Hill, Spearwood and Coogee.
- 36 per cent of homes in North Coogee are rented.
- The median age of North Coogees 579 inhabitants is 39 (2011 census)*.
- 48 per cent of residents have children.
- The average household size is two.
- According to reiwa.com.au the median weekly rent for a two-bedroom apartment in North Coogee is currently $770*.
(*Correct at the time of writing July 2014)