Mount Pleasant – our suburb of the month
This beautiful riverside suburb is highly sought after, with great schools in the area and easy access to both Perth and Fremantle. Are you thinking about a move to Mount Pleasant? Here are 10 quick facts about this south-of-the-river suburb.
- Mount Pleasant is located in the City of Melville.
- It was originally called Canning Bridge.
- Development of the land dates back to 1892 but it wasnt until the 1950s to 1970s that residential development really took off.
- The suburb is 9 km from Perth and 10 km from Fremantle. Public transport is readily available.
- The population of Mount Pleasant is over 6300*.
- The median rent in Mount Pleasant is $600 pw**.
- Vacancy rates in the suburb are falling. At the end of 2014 the vacancy rate was 2.5%.***
- The median age of Mount Pleasant residents is 42.
- The median income being $1908 per week.
- Top primary schools in the area include Applecross Primary School, Ardross Primary School, Mount Pleasant Primary School and Applecross Senior High School.
* As of the 2011 Census
** As of rent data supplied by realestate.com.au, updated 31 December 2014
*** Data provided by SQM Research Pty Ltd