Keeping your lawn looking great for summer.
Our poor, poor, lawns – summer is on its way.
It’s inevitable that your lawn will be affected by the summer dry spells and intense heat that we West Australians are used to.
Here are a few things that will help de-stress your patch.
- Don’t cut your lawn too short. Longer grass protects the roots from the sun and helps the roots to grow deeper.
- Aerate your lawn. You can grab all the tools you need at hardware supply stores (http://www.bunnings.com.au/search/products?q=aerate)
- Don’t water at night. The best time to water is the early morning.
- Don’t fertislise your lawn in the heat of summer. Your lawn will be under stress already – you don’t need to add to it.
- If your lawn is looking particularly brown (after a hot summer day) give it a good soaking the following morning.
Do you have any grass/lawn/gardening tips? We’d love to know.