At Rentwest, we have a very simple philosophy that guides everything we do: respect. We respect the property owners who entrust their investments to Rentwest and we respect the tenants who choose to make a home with us. We know that without you, there would be no us. The best way for us to express this respect is via communication.
We spend our days communicating – it’s 99 per cent of our job. We’ve even won awards for it. Luckily for us, every member of our team loves what they do and we believe it shows in the way we communicate. Here’s what respectful communications means to us.
For any tenancy to work, all parties must know their obligations at each step in the process. This is particularly important for investment property owners who are new to property management. That’s why effective, respectful communication is so important. For us that means:
- Responding to emails promptly.
- Returning phone calls as soon as possible.
- Organising proactive care and maintenance for rental properties.
- Tracking all maintenance and providing updates to property owners.
- Giving tenants ample warning of upcoming rental property inspections or maintenance orders.
- Sharing relevant information across Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
- Interacting with followers on social media and providing assistance where possible.
- Sending out a monthly newsletter to investment property owners and a bimonthly newsletter to tenants.
We want to know how you think we are doing
Some companies are scared to ask if their clients are happy with the service they’re given, but we aren’t. Our belief is that by asking about customer satisfaction we can identify areas where we need to get better, and that’s a good thing for any business. By speaking to our property owners and tenants we’ve been able to determine that:
- 96 per cent are satisfied with their current property manager;
- 96 per cent of tenants would rent with Rentwest again;
- 95 per cent of owners would rate Rentwest as excellent or good.
By regularly surveying our tenants and owners we’ve always got a benchmark to measure ourselves against – and there is always room to improve.
At Rentwest, respectful communication is highly valued and a source of team pride. Not only does respectful communication help us to develop strong, long-lasting relationships with our tenants and owners but it also strengthens our team too. And that is always a good thing.