Ready To Move On?
We want your stay at your rental home to be a hassle-free experience, which includes the vacating process. So heres our quick guide to moving out and getting your bond money back without delay.
Step 1: Submit your notice in writing (and plenty of time)
When youre planning to move out of your rental home, simply download and complete a form, then send it to (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you intend vacating at the end of a fixed-term lease, we require 30 days notice in writing. If you want to vacate mid-term, there are some costs to consider. Please contact us for more information, or download our Tenancy Handbook for more details.
Step 2: Settle all outstanding rent and accounts promptly
We can only reimburse your bond if all outstanding rent and accounts (for things like water consumption, bills, repairs etc) have been paid in full.
Step 3: Ensure the property is clean and tidy
When your tenancy began, you received a property condition report please ensure you leave the property in the same condition outlined in the report, allowing for fair wear and tear. That means:
- Carpets should be professionally steam cleaned and hard floors mopped.
- Walls, doors, skirtings and windows should be cleaned.
- Ceilings should be free of mould and dust/spider webs.
- Light fittings and ceiling fans should be wiped clean and free of dust, and all globes must be working.
- Flyscreens and screen doors should be brushed down and wiped clean.
- Appliances and kitchen fixtures should be grease-free, with any filters cleaned.
- Bathrooms, toilets and laundries should be clean (please ensure all wash basins have plugs).
- Exhaust fan covers and air conditioning vents, ducts and filters should be clean.
- Cupboards, wardrobes and drawers should be emptied and cleaned.
- All curtains should be washed or dry cleaned, as required.
- Gardens should be mowed, weeded and free of debris (rubbish, leaves etc).
- Paths, driveways, garages and sheds should be swept and clean (and oil stains removed).
- If you have a pet, please ensure all droppings, hair/fur and stains are removed and chew damage is repaired. Your lease may also require you to have the property professionally fumigated.
Step 4: Run through the final checklist
- Redirect your mail. All you have to do is complete a form for Australia Post and theyll take care of the rest.
- Cancel all utility accounts. Contact your phone/internet, gas and electricity suppliers to settle and cancel your accounts.
- Leave appliance manuals. Any manuals and instructions in your rental property should be left on the kitchen counter before you leave.
- Return your keys. Please ensure you return all keys to the Rentwest office, including any spare keys you had cut during your tenancy.
For more information on vacating your rental property, download our Tenancy Handbook or, if you have any questions or concerns, please contact us were here to help. And if youre planning on buying your own property, we also have some advice on getting the right finance.