Byford, in the shire of Serpentine-Jarrahdale, is one of Perthâs fastest growing suburbs. Just minutes from the Armadale city centre and a stoneâs throw from the beautiful Darling Scarp, it is attracting families and couples eager to live in one of the many master planned community estates. Want to know more? Here are some quick facts.
- Byford is 42 km from Perth and 39 km from Fremantle.
- 18 per cent of homes in Byford are rented.
- The median age of Byfordâs 7034 inhabitants is 30 (*2011 census)
- 45 per cent households have children.
- The average household size is 3.
- There are four local schools â Byford Community Kindergarten, Byford Pre-School, Byford Primary School and Marri Grove Primary School.
- According to reiwa.com.au the median weekly rent for a three-bedroom house in Byford is currently $380*.
(*Correct at the time of writing â August 2014)