Over the last few decades Western Australia has witnessed significant population growth and there are indications that this will continue.
In order to provide flexible and sustainable housing options for the future, the Western Australian Land Information Authority (Landgate) has proposed a number of changes to the Strata Titles Act.
Areas of reform include:
- Introducing new types of strata: community title and leasehold.
- Improved clarification of roles of strata companies, councils and strata managers.
- Clearer and easier ways to resolve strata disputes.
- Better buyer information.
- Staged strata development to simplify development.
These reforms will be achieved by utilising more urban infill, increasing housing density and focussing on community living in mixed-use environments. Its expected that the Minister for Land will introduce the draft bill into Parliament in the second half of 2016.
Want to know more about these changes to the Strata Titles Act? Download the Reform Statement for further information.